RE: Review of draft-zorn-radius-keywrap-07.txt

> >> In speaking with Russ Housely on the key-wrap issues, Russ indicated
> >> that it would need to be on an end-to-end basis.
>
> Except that that's not how RADIUS works...

Right.  RADIUS security is between a RADIUS client and server.  There are
no other entities involved.

> Under that interpretation, though,
> I don't think that Kerberos would satisfy the criteria, either: a
> Kerberos server has knowledge of lots of keys that are used by various
> parties to protect things that are none of the server's business
> (e.g., telnet data).  With Kerberos, we get around that little problem
> by declaring the Kerberos server to be unconditionally trusted.

Right.  It seems to me that the criteria may be too strict.  I'm not sure
why a Kerberos server can be "unconditionally trusted" but a RADIUS server
would not be.