RE: Capabilities negotiation problem statement

Bernard Aboba writes...

> Mandatory attributes are end-to-end in Diameter, so I assume they
would be
> end-to-end in RADIUS too.  It's only Diameter application negotiation
that
> is hop-by-hop.

Yes, but mandatory attributes were included in Diameter from day-one.
What happens to the "extended" RADIUS attribute format including the
Mandatory bit when the RADIUS PDU passes through a proxy server that
hasn't implemented the "extended" attribute format?

I suppose this is the same as what happens to any other unrecognized
attributes at proxy servers...  which is what, exactly?