Re: Items from the IETF-63 meeting requiring confirmation.

Bernard,

Bernard Aboba wrote:
If, however, the group at large feels that the terms MUST change then we  ask
how to make the terms/text less confusing, bearing in mind that the roles of
the RADIUS Server and Client are actually reversed in the case of the RFC3576.

RFC 3576 uses the terms "NAS" and "RADIUS server" to refer to the
entities, although the term "RADIUS client" is used occasionally as well.
My overall impression on rereading RFC 3576 is that is fairly clear about what entities are involved and what they do. I think that using the term "NAS" instead of "RADIUS client" most of the time was helpful in that regard.

Maybe something like this might help here? Might it make sense to have a "Dynamic Authorization NAS MIB" and a "Dynamic Authorization Server MIB"?

The NAS IS the Dynamic Authorization "Server" as described in RFC3576. That is, the NAS actually services requests from a client (RADIUS server).

Besides Dynamic Authorization Server is new term DAS that has been used in the MIBs.

So your proposal is more confusing really.

Murtaza

Reducing the usage of the term "client" might help the clarity.