RE: [Isms] draft of ISMS charter

Juergen Quittek writes...

(Cross posted to RADEXT and ISMS WG lists)

> --On 8/22/2005 10:59 PM +0200 David B Harrington wrote:
>
> > I think the definiton of RADIUS attributes for management belongs in
> > RADEXT.
>
> I also would prefer this option.
> Do you think we should bring the issue to the RADEXT mailing list?

Yes.

As I have already indicated, we have an existing draft under
consideration in RADEXT that contains this type of new attribute.  It is
fairly close to being ready for adoption as a WG work item.  We could
use this existing draft, or we could break it out as separate draft.

I think the important things for ISMS to communicate to RADEXT are:

(a) That ISMS has a requirement for standardization of a RADIUS
attribute for the purpose of providing authorization of SNMPv3 access to
the NAS (managed entity) via the ISMS mechanisms (i.e. SSH, etc.).

(b) That the attribute will be used in the ISMS security method to map
into one or more SNMP security parameters, such as securityName or
groupName.

(c) The desired milestone date for sending such an I-D to the IESG for
approval, that aligns with the ISMS WG milestones.

Since, I've already cross posted this message to RADEXT, we can use this
as the starting point for discussions.