RE: Issue 121: Data Representation

Wolfgang Beck writes...

> I've used the description in RfC 2617, Section 3.2.1
>
> "nonce
>      A server-specified data string which should be uniquely generated
>      each time a 401 response is made. It is recommended that this
>      string be base64 or hexadecimal data. "
>
> As the nonce is only interpreted by the nonce generator,
interopability
> is not required.

Perhaps adding that last sentence, of some variant, to the text of the
draft would clarify that this is an opaque (to RADIUS) nonce, in which
case its encoding is not required to be specified to obtain
interoperability.  In that case the attribute value should perhaps be
String, with the advisory that robust implementations shout treat it as
undistinguished octets.