RE: [RADIUS FIXES] Authorize Only / RADIUS layering

Hi Pasi,

Snip...

> I think Avi's example of using "Authorize Only" for
> replenishing prepaid quota is a good example of this. The
> syntax of the attributes is defined in IETF specs, but actual
> interoperability requires some agreement of how the messages
> are acted upon that not's specified in any IETF document.
> (I'm not sure if it's specified in any document, in fact...)

I agree with your points.

But in the case of prepaid, I think the syntax and semantics is
described in the RADIUS prepaid document.  The same would be the case
for Diameter Credit Control.

However, in a case of the upcoming QoS Blob RADIUS work and even
Mobile-IPv4 work and even PANA, the semantics are covered in other
documents and therefore the RADIUS documents should reference the
documents rather then repeat the information.