Issue: Editorial comments on draft-ietf-radext-ieee802-00.txt

Submitter name: David Nelson
Submitter email address: dnelson@enterasys.com
Date first submitted: August 10, 2005
Reference: (missing from the RADEXT archive ???)
Document: VLAN, Priority and Filtering Attributes
Comment type: 'E' Editorial
Section: 3.5
Rationale/Explanation of issue:

Clarification of the text.

Requested changes:

         Furthermore, the concatenated filter list
         must abide to the following rules of precedence and ordering:

            1) A flush rule MUST appear before all other rule types.

Change "A flush rule" to "A flush rule, when present,".

            2) Base encapsulation filter rules MUST appear after a
               flush rule and before IP tunnel, HTTP redirect, IP
               filter, and/or HTTP filter rules.

Change "a flush rule" to "any flush rule".

          dir        "in" is from the terminal, "out" is to the
                     terminal, "inout" is from and to the terminal.

The term "terminal" is not defined in the draft.  I suspect it
identifies the network entity which contains the IEEE 802.1X Supplicant
function, but this should perhaps be clarified.

General comment:  I'd much rather that we use ABNF to define the
NAS-Filter-Rule formal syntax, however I'm not prepared to submit that
text just now.  :-)