RE: [RADIUS FIXES] Authorize Only / RADIUS layering

Alan DeKok writes...

>   To address Emile's view, let's take PEAP as an example.  The RADIUS
> server gets these layers:
>
>   ethernet
>   IPv4
>   UDP
>   RADIUS
>   EAP
>   EAP-PEAP
>   TLS'
>   EAP'
>   EAP-MSCHAPv2
>
>   Those layers don't map 1-1 to the OSI 7 layer stack.  I think what
> Emile is saying is is that if you pick a layer, everything "below" you
> is transport, and everything "above" you is application.

Yes, I understand.  Except that in your diagram "above" is toward the
bottom of the list.  :-)  :-)

EAP-Message is one example where RADIUS truly acts as a
transport-application, in this case for EAP.  I think the question is
whether there are any other applications that should qualify for this
treatment?