Re: Issue: Multi-homed, multi-version IP stacks

Bernard Aboba <aboba@internaut.com> wrote:
> The NAS-Identifier is supposed to identify the originating NAS.  So there
> is no requirement that the proxy re-write it (though some might do that).

  Agreed.

> I'm not clear what the use of a Proxy-Identifier would be.

  If the proxies re-write the NAS-identifier, then the issue discussed
above for the NAS-Identifier apply to proxies.

  If the proxies don't re-write NAS-Identifer, then the multi-homing
issues that apply to NASes still apply to proxies.  Since we indicate
that a request came from the "same" NAS via the NAS-Identifer, it may
be useful to indicate that the request was routed through the "same"
proxy, via a similar, per-proxy idenfifier.

  If we don't care to know about routing, then there's no need to
identify proxies.