Re: [eap] RE: [Isms] RADIUS is not a trusted third party

>  I'm wondering if an operator will let its EAP authenticator directly
>  contact EAP server from other operators using redirect functionality of
>  Diameter.

As I understand it, proxy bypass is being considered by TERENA primarily
to eliminate excessive latency in trans-continental roaming.  More info on
the "trust fabric" of EduRoam NG is available here:

http://www.terena.nl/tech/task-forces/tf-mobility/
http://www.eduroam.org/docs/eduroam-article.pdf
http://www.eduroam.org/wiki/NextGeneration?v=ina
http://www.lab.telin.nl/~arjan/pub/tnc05-ea-eertink.pdf