AW: AW: Issue 79; digest-auth realm validation

> So you basically stop in the RADIUS server processing further
> requests that come from the same RADIUS client?
yes.
> How do you identify the RADIUS client, is it by its IP address?
yes, and by a shared secret. But I am not sure whether current RADIUS
server APIs support this.

> What I am trying to avoid is that this "compromise" prevents
> that RADIUS server to process legitimate requests coming from a RADIUS
> client just because an attacker wrote a forged RADIUS request to preclude that
> client to be operating anymore.
This would be a quite effective DoS attack. But Message-Authenticator is mandatory
now and should make forging RADIUS requests much harder.

Wolfgang

--
T-Systems
Next Generation IP Services and Systems