RE: Pre-work item review

Greg writes...

> > > RADIUS Extensions for IEEE 802
> > >

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-congdon-radext-ieee802-03.tx
>
> I support the ideas here, but it's unclear if the current
> draft is compliant with the 'backward compatibility'
> bullet in the charter.  The current text adds data types to
> RADIUS for 'extended' attributes (e.g. UInt64??).
> One of the co-authors mentioned in MSP that they're moving
> away from 'extended attributes', but it's kinda hard to see
> if it's compliant with our charter based on 'planned'
> changes to the draft.

As the current draft editor, let me be clear that there is still some
'scrubbing' the document requires in regards to any references to
extended RADIUS attributes.  The intention is to continue molding the
document be in a clear alignment with existing WG mandates.

Whether a WG member is comfortable in accepting the current draft (as
opposed to a future draft) to be the basis for a ratified work item is
hopefully a secondary consideration to the primary of whether these
attribute standardization efforts make sense at all.

MS