RE: Comments on draft-carroll-dynmobileip-cdma-04.txt

At 06:48 PM 3/3/2005 -0500, Avi Lior wrote:

> Since this is an individual submission & not a WG document, I
> wouldn't feel at all comfortable dictating text to the
> authors.  My guess is that this is between them and the IESG (sorry!).

But we can help.  And actually - although I wasn't around at the start - I
think we should have done something about this earlier. Since we all
indicated that we knew about the Access-Reject problem.

I know that Thomas asked 3GPP2 and 3GPP2 did review the document from their
prespective.

AFAIK we did a quick review of the document in 3GPP2 and didn't have any
objections to IETF publishing it as an informational RFC. So, there seems to be
a protocol violation that we missed since we didn't review it very carefully. VZN
chose not to standardize it in 3GPP2 so it remains a proprietary protocol
even though it's published by IETF. It's an "informational" not a standard RFC.
Doesn't "informational" mean that "this is my way of doing things and if you want
to inter-operate with my network you can do it this way but you don't have to"?

-Parviz