RE: [Geopriv] Re: Radius-Geopriv: CDMA operator-name prefix / registry

Joel,

Few comments inline..

Cheers,
	Jouni

Isn't that just a list of "operator types", which is relatively
small amount of information? Actual management of operators is
delegated to appropriate organizations identified by the operator
type.

> Why not declare that any entity that owns a domain name by proper
> delegation (reference DNS documents) may use that string as a realm?
> That avoids creating yet another registry.
>
> It would also seem sensible, given such a strategy, to at
> least comment on
> why the other two values are necessary.  After all, any

The Operator-name attribute requirement originates from
the GSM operators WLAN roaming community. They have great interest
to reuse existing GSM/GPRS roaming model & systems, where TADIG
codes (to what the draft refers to) are used to identify operators
and roaming partners.

I don't really know the position of CDMA operators.

> operator in the
> other two spaces also has a domain name.
> If we are going to allow the other two name spaces, then can
> we have a
> reference to a public document containing the binding of
> identifier to
> entity, so that one may build interoperable implementations?

The TADIG code (for GSM operator-type) procedures are described in:

"TADIG Code Naming Conventions", Permanent Reference Document TD.13,
 Version 3.12.14, GSM Association, 20 May 2004.

IOC procedures for HNI stuff are described in:

"International Mobile Subscriber Identity (IMSI) Assignment and
 Management Guidelines and Procedures", Version 6.0,
 IMSI Oversight Council (IOC), June 2004.