RE: Question on extended RADIUS attribute format in draft-congdon-radext-ieee802-02.txt

Glen Zorn (gwz) <> supposedly scribbled:

> The value of the Length field can't be > 253; that doesn't
> necessarily mean that an attribute can't be bigger than that (for
> example, using the technique I roughly outlined).  I can't think
of
> any compatibility problems off the top of my head, but I haven't
> spent much (any ;-) time on it.

Um, yes I can: if I were an editing proxy groveling through a
message looking for attributes of interest, I suspect this would
cause me a lot of pain...

Hope this helps,

~gwz

Why is it that most of the world's problems can't be solved by
simply
listening to John Coltrane? -- Henry Gabriel