RE: Question on extended RADIUS attribute format in draft-congdon-radext-ieee802-02.txt

It would be nice to allow larger attributes if there was some way to
accomplish this while maintaining backward compatibility.  Do we have a
proposal for how to do this?

For example, if an attribute is defined with a length > 253, won't
existing proxies have trouble figuring this out?  Or is the idea to have
the *inner* length different from the *outer* length?  That way the
outer length <= 253, but the inner length can be larger?

Inquiring minds want to know :)