RE: Encoding of Location-Id and Location-Name in draft-black-radi us-lanedge-00.txt

Richard,

First, maybe for an enterpirse level RADIUS sever performance is not an
issue but for a carrier grade products performance is definetly an issue.

I don't think I would load up the location attributes in a dictionary.  TLVs
just make it easier to extract the attribute.

Instead of parsing " location-name = foobar,  address = 123 Main Street, " ;
we have using the TLV encoding

0106foobar0215123 Main Street

Where 01 is the location-name followed by the length of 6 and the value
"foobar" 2 is the address field etc... This is far quicker to parse and more
compact.

In both cases you will use the hash tables etc....

The only thing you add to the dictionary is the type 1 for location-name 2
for address etc...