RE: QoS attributes

Hi John,

I agree that we need a QoS Class Id, (or QoS-Bundle-Id).

Would RADIUS only ever transport the QoS-Class-Id?

Also reading through some of the drafts you point to.  I noticed that COPS
is used.  I think that at least in certain cases that RADIUS/Diameter should
be utilized instead of COPS.  There certainly have been discussion on this.

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/nsis-charter.html

There has been some discussion on AAA issues for QoS:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-alfano-aaa-qosreq-01.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-tschofenig-nsis-qos-authz-issues-0
0.txt

Looking into QoS issues, my feeling is that we want to specify QoS classes.
These classes may support a set of QoS parameters.  I think that QoS will be
an area that vendors try to differentiate on; service providers may create
services that support different QoS parameters, etc.  I don't think that we
can get into the QoS signaling / provisioning / definition of QoS
parameters, as that excedes the scope of AAA (either RADIUS or Diameter).  I
would prefer that RADIUS / Diameter would contain a
QoS class parameter, which could make use something like a IANA QoS class
registry.

Different SDOs have different plans ITU-T, 3GPP, 3GPP2, etc. all have
defined seperate QOS classes.  One could imagine registering these classes
in IANA, and service providers could support, in various degrees, different
QoS classes.  It would then be in scope of AAA to provide authorization for
these classes.

John