From: owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org [mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org]
On Behalf Of Avi Lior
Sent: Tuesday, December 16, 2003 9:29 AM
To: 'radiusext@ops.ietf.org'
Subject: QoS attributes

I noticed that we are talking about QoS on the list.

In the current drafts folks are talking about QoS but are only
specifying Bandwidth attributes.  There are other QoS attributes. The
problem is that there are a lot of different QoS attributes and
different flavours as well. The question is which attributes and
flavours should be modelled.

I think we need a RADIUS QoS Draft in general.  I started to write one
and stopped to see what was going on in a couple of other areas. (For
example Diameter and as well, work in 3GPP2 where the interface between
the PDSN and the AAA will be used to query and transport QoS
attributes).

For example, one of the useful things about the CoA is that now I can
change the QoS attributes of a session mid stream.  So it would be
useful to define these attributes (and not just Bandwidth).