RE: Subtypes

Practical hat on:

Okay so are you (David Nelson) going to ask the Sterman draft to flatten
their attribute?

I think we need to know sooner rather then later.  I and I gather Farid want
to progress our drafts.

Philosphical hat on:

RADIUS already has the machinery for coding/decoding subtypes.  What is the
problem?

We use the scheme that the top level attribute is a string that contains
subTLVs.  A RADIUS server that is not interested in that attribute will see
a string.  This is exactly what sterman does.

We are not introducing a new type into RADIUS.

Comments?