RE: minneapolis

Avi Lior <mailto:avi@bridgewatersystems.com> writes:

>> Hope this helps,
>
> Not really.

Sorry to hear that.

> Aside, there is nothing in Diameter that makes it more capable then
> RADIUS when it comes to prepaid.  What makes it more capable?

You forgot the smiley, right?

> Other people want to do prepaid and they don't want Diameter.
>
> I think there are many good reasons for having a WG.  The least of
> which is a place where people can review the documents.

Is 3GPP2 going to change their pre-paid implementation based upon the
(proposed) WG review?  If _technical_ review is desired, then this task
would make sense as a (proposed) WG work item; if not, I'm sure that
3GPP2 is quite capable of checking their own spelling and grammar...

> Putting it in the same light as your comment.  If 3GPP is the only
> SDO who want Diameter why do we have to have an IETF AAA-WG for it?
> Let them do the work there.

As I'm sure you are aware, the Diameter work started in the IETF long
before 3GPP was a glimmer in ETSI's eye...in any case, my statement
referred to the 3GPP2 version of pre-paid _as a work item_, not to the
formation of a WG per se.

Hope this helps,

~gwz