RE: minneapolis

Avi Lior <mailto:avi@bridgewatersystems.com> writes:

> Regarding prepaid, I have received several email with comments and am
> working on the next version of the draft.  I have certain issues to
> resolve all of which pertain to incoming suggestions and how to keep
> this document aligned with what 3GPP2 has done.  I just need some
> advice.
>
> - Someone wants a description of how do to simple pre-paid which will
> work with the lowest common denominator RADIUS deployments (ie., no
> CHIBA, no new attributes etc).  Is that a separate document or do I
> add that as an Appendix?

Question: if it is possible to do pre-paid w/o new attributes & w/o
rewriting RADIUS, what's the point of the rest when Diameter is
certainly capable of supporting more complex pre-paid implementations.
IOW, if the desire is to document the 3GPP2 approach, this doesn't seem
to require a WG.

Hope this helps,

~gwz

safety deserve neither..."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless
they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-- Voltaire