Re: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

Randy:

There is always a possibility that the "need" may be for more than the "two
critical target applications."  I can appreciate the desire to not open this
WG up to a de-facto re-write of RADIUS.  But, we should be sure that we
don't simply and arbitrarily exclude some generally needed work simply
because it is not one of the "two critical target applications."

Or, to put it differently, maybe there are "three critical target
applications."

Richard

On 8/25/03 4:04 PM, "Randy Bush" <randy@psg.com> wrote:
> a VERY few VERY SPECIFIC needs for two VERY SPECIFIC applications.
> as you say, it is not to redo the trip down the diameter road, we
> have already been there, and the sights were not enthralling.
> why?  i.e. which of the two critical target applications asked for
> that, why, and can it be done with less change to existing
> protocol?
> who?  which of the two critical target applications?  note that the
> set of "someone asked for that" is often not numerable and does not
> tend to shrink over time.
..