RE: Extending RADIUS Attribute Space

owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org <mailto:owner-radiusext@ops.ietf.org>
writes:

> Avi Lior writes...
>
>> RADIUS does not have a scheme for doing this.
>
> No, but there are non-standard, or vendor-specific ways to do this,
> or so I believe.  My suggestion was *IF* RADIUS were to have a
> well-defined method (not per-vendor or per-attribute) of performing
> application-level fragmentation and reassembly of attributes, would
> this not solve the problem without changing the existing attribute
> TLV format?
>
> -- Dave

Fragmentation and reassembly of attributes is simple, but the maximum
size of a RADIUS packet is small (far smaller than the largest UDP
datagram).

Hope this helps,

~gwz

safety deserve neither..."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1759

"It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless
they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets."
-- Voltaire