Re: PROTO-17: Encrypted Packets + PROTO-106: extend security considerations on exported Payload

Benoit Claise wrote:
Juergen,

I support this solution for PROTO-17.

I also support the intention behind the suggested text
that addresses PROTO-106.  But I do not see how it would be
realized.  How would an implementation ensure that it does
not export the full payload of a conversation?
I don't have the answer.
[PSAMP-FMWK] is not clearer:

* Privacy: selection of the content of Packet Reports will be cognizant of privacy and anonymity issues while being responsive to the needs of measurement applications, and in accordance with [RFC-2804]. Full packet capture of arbitrary packet streams is explicitly out of scope.
Do you have a suggestion?

I think that the best we can do, and the spirit of the text, is
to simply not explain or make any special provisions for the
capture of full packets.  While our protocol may be used in such
a way, it will not be designed with this in mind.  We are creating
a tool, we cannot limit what the tool will be used for.

Andrew