Re: Open Issue 1: optional compression

Benoit,

I think the protocol document should state that with the choice of
IPFIX as protocol, the compression option mentioned in the framework
is not addressed.

Thanks,

   Juergen

--On 20.12.2005 14:31 Uhr +0100 Benoit Claise wrote:

Dear all,

[PSAMP-FMWK] mentions the optional Export Packets compression (see section 8.5)
Should we mention it in [PSAMP-PROTO]?

This requirement comes from a time at which we didn't know that IPFIX would be selected.
As [IPFIX-PROTO] doesn't mention compression, I'm in favor not to add anything about compression in [PSAMP-PROTO].
I don't think that this is appropriate to differentiate the IPFIX and PSAMP protocols; the PSAMP protocol must use the IPFIX specifications as defined in [IPFIX-PROTO]

Feedback?

Regards, Benoit.