Re: Last-Call: comments on draft-ietf-psamp-framework-07.txt + draft-ietf-psamp-framework-08.txt

Maurizio,

6. Section 5.2, under "Router State Filtering". We know that the filtering definition says:

Filtering: a filter is a selection operation that selects a packet deterministically based on the packet content, its treatment, and functions of these occurring in the selection state.

We must add a note that the "Router State Filtering" only deals with the packet treatment part of the definition.

Easier way out: put "or" in the definition. That is:

Filtering: a filter is a selection operation that selects a packet deterministically based on the packet content, or its treatment, or functions of these occurring in the selection state.

Nice improvement. That will do.
I still think that the little extra precision in the "Router State Filtering" section (expressing that it only deals with the packet treatment part of the definition) is worth adding.
Note that draft-ietf-psamp-sample-tech-04.txt must also be updated.

Regards, Benoit.

Maurizio