Re: making psamp export congestion-aware

Peter,

> I would argue that the preferred control is the sampling rate. A
> limit on export rate results in clipping that is likely to be
> correlated with the traffic being measured.

I completely agree.  Capping the export rate is just a good
"fail-safe" mechanism (as you noted) to help out when the operator
has misjudged how much data the sampling configuration might generate.
This misjudgment could be due to misconfiguration, or a sudden change
in the proportion of traffic that matches the selection critereon.

-- Jen