Re: [New-work] OMA New Work - 2 New Work Items Approved

On Jul 13, 2005, at 2:03 PM, Wijnen, Bert (Bert) wrote:

FYI and comments

As someone currently also working on SyncML/OMA technology and has done so on the OPS-NM side.

In some sense I believe there is a reasonable overlap with the network
management framework of the IETF. Both do have a tree like
management information tree. Although, it is my impression that
the OMA has way less structure (or standardized objects).
This might be that there is just loess to manage currently
if you think only of a mobile phone.

Somehow, I beleive it would be an interesting graduation project
just to make some prototype that would use an SNMP MIB tree
and put it behind a DM server. and the other way around.
Above all, I believe a proper mapping should be looked at
so there is a unique management identification schema
and one could refer to the same managed instance in either
technology.

Harrie

Bert