RE: Scope of NIM

Title: RE: Scope of NIM

> Therefore, I suggest that in the aftermath of the NIM BOF, the topic
> which this mailing-list has to consider is what to do about an
> Information Model.
If the objective is to create an information model based on the superset of SMI (SPPI) or SMIng, I would agree with you. However, it is not clear yet whether people want to do a full OO information model based on some new or existing language (for example UML/MOF), or whether they want to develop an information model based on some SMI derivative. While the BOF discussions seemed to favor the latter, the list discussions seem far more evenly split.