RE: Methods in the NIM requirements

I think Keith's point is accurate (and I phrased my point poorly), SNMP
assumes a memory map model. Therefore, the protocol *and* the data
structures assume an interactive relationship with the device (a "go" in
Andrea's terms). But I think we are refining the parameters of the question
without discussing the question directly. If the NIM model implies a "go"
semantic, how is the model applicable to the directory. If I have a method
for reboot that means do it now, how do I represent the current state
(rebooting/(re)initializing/unavailable) of the machine  in a directory.
"Go" implies real-time semantics, yet we all know that directories are not
well suited for real-time status representations.

regards,

-Walter