RE: review of draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-00.txt

Hi,

> - By the way, I personally like citations of the form [RFC4741]
better
>   than of the form [NETCONF], because that way I can quicker
> pick up the
>   referenced RFC. Best I think would be to change
>
>      [NETCONF] can be ...
>
>   into
>
>      NETCONF [RFC4741] can be....

Personally I prefer [NETCONF] to [RFC4741] because I can see without
interrupting my reading what content is being referenced rather than
what RFC. With [RFC4741] I need to stop reading to go look in the
References section to figure out what [RFC4741] refers to.

It also has the benefit of being able to be updated in the References
section (esp. for I-Ds) without impacting what is in the text
sections.

<soap>
I also find documents named rfcXXXXbis to be poorly named because I
have to go lookup rfcXXXX to know what is being updated by the bis.
</soap>

David Harrington
dbharrington@comcast.net
ietfdbh@comcast.net