RE: Gen-ART review of draft-ietf-netconf-notification-11.txt

hi

<Suresh>

>> Minor
>> =====
>>
>> * Section 2.1.1
>>
>> What happens if a stopTime is specified and a startTime is not? Does
>> the replay begin starting now or is the request rejected? This needs
>> to be clarified.
>
> This results in an error. I think this is implicit with the current
> text in section 2.1.1.
>
>  "Must be used with and be later than <startTime>."
>
> I'm not sure further clarification is required.

Then why do we have the following error case explicitly listed?

"     If a <stopTime> is requested which is earlier then the specified
       <startTime>, the following error is returned:

          Tag: bad-element

          Error-type: protocol

          Severity: error

          Error-info: <bad-element>: stopTime

type,
          out of range, pattern mismatch."

</Suresh>

The text in section 2.1.1 says that stopTime must be later then
startTime and there is an error message defined later when this isn't
the case. I'm not sure what the issue is. Can you clarify?

<Suresh>

>> * Section 3.2.1
>>
>> The term "Event Stream Definition" is used in Section 3.2 before it
>> is
>
>> defined here. Is it possible to move this somewhere further up.
>
> The term 'Stream' is defined in section 1.1 so I think we are OK.

The following text occurs in Section 3.2

"The central component inspects each event notification and matches
  the event notification against the set of stream definitions."

At this point I was not aware what a "stream definition" meant and
how/where it was defined. Personally I would like to push the "Event
Stream Definition" or a subset of it to Section 1.1 but I do not have a
strong position on this.
</Suresh>

My personal view is that since it is defined in the definition section I
think we are ok.

Thanks,

Sharon