DO we really need a session at IETF71?

Dear WG members,

As you know, we have requested a session slot for IETF71. But
in order for such a session to be usefull, we MUST prepare.

We now have (for more than 10 days already) revision 00
documents for all of our currently 3 charterd WG work items.
Namely:

	Title		    : NETCONF Monitoring Schema
	Author(s)	    : M. Scott, S. Chisholm
	Filename	    : draft-ietf-netconf-monitoring-00.txt
	Pages		    : 14
	Date		    : 2008-1-15

	Title           : Partial Lock RPC for NETCONF
	Author(s)       : B. Lengyel, M. Bjorklund
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-partial-lock-00.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2008-01-07

	Title           : NETCONF over TLS
	Author(s)       : M. Badra
	Filename        : draft-ietf-netconf-tls-00.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2008-01-01

Not much commenting and/or discussion has taken place on our
mailing list yet. And that is NOT GOOD. We MUST review and
then comment/discuss these documents on our WG mailing list.

We need to know:

- are enough people reading/reviewing the documents
  in other words, does the WG really care?
- what do people think about the documents.
  don't assume that we as WG chairs will assume that silence
  means consent or agreement. If you like it, pls state so
  with an email to the mailing list that says something aka:
    - I reviewed the document and it is in GOOD SHAPE.
      Please publish asap.
    - I reviewed (or read) the document and I like it
    - I reviewed (or read) the document and I did not see any
      fatal problems or things that I cannot agree with
- Of course, if you see any open gaps, any problems, or things
  that you think could be done better, then PLEASE POST those
  rather sooner than later. It will help some discussion on
  the mailing list. Hopefully we can solve the issues and
  address the concerns on the list and come to convergence.
- Those issues that we seem to not be able to find a solution
  for, or for which we do not come to convergence, ONLY THOSE
  deserve serious face to face time at the upcoming IETF meeting.
- We do NOT WANT just presentations or tutorials. We want serious
  discussion of open and/or controversial issues. But we all need
  to prepare for that.

It may sound harsh, but if we do not see any serious discussion
or signs of review on the WG mailing list, then it seems better
to cancel our session at the upconing IETF.

Bert and Mehmet