RE: quick check of notification-11

Tom, as netconf-noticiation document shepherd, I am checking
all (possibly still) outsanding comments. I think that the
one from you (below) is still unanswered.

My comments questions inline

Bert Wijnen

I think you mean that the last <netconf> tag should be a
closing tag: </netconf>?
So the above 3 lines should read:

 "<netconf xmlns="urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netmod:notification">
            <streams/>
          </netconf>

right?

> and an uncertainty - the I-D does not register the XML Schema defined in
> sections 4 and 3.4, just their targetNamespace; is this intentional?

Not sure yet. I need to check.
Andy (or netconf-monitoring authors, can you pls comment?

> Also in IANA considerations, it might be clearer if the
> registration of the capability urn refers to the named registry
> created by RFC4741 s.10.3; obvious to those up to their ears in
> netconf, perhaps less so to those with an IANA-wide remit.

I think you are ricght. Re-reading the IANA considerations in this
draft and also in RFC4741, maybe that section should be rewritten as:

8.  IANA Considerations

8.1  NETCONF XML Namespace

   This document registers a URI for the NETCONF XML namespace
   [RFC4741, section 10.1) in the IETF XML registry [RFC3688].

   Following the format in RFC 3688, IANA has made the following
   registration:

   URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netconf:notification:1.0

   Registrant Contact: The IESG.

   XML: N/A, the requested URI is an XML namespace.

8.2  ??

8.3  NETCONF Capability URNs

   This document registers URNs for the the following NETCONF
   capabilities in the netconf registry (RFC4741], sect 10.3):

   +--------------------+----------------------------------------------+
   | Index              | Capability Identifier                        |
   +--------------------+----------------------------------------------+
   | :notification      | urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:          |
   |                    | notification:1.0                             |
   |                    | running:1.0                                  |
   |                    |                                              |
   | :interleave        | urn:ietf:params:netconf:capability:          |
   |                    | interleave:1.0                               |

I am not sure (yet) where to put the following.
Is that part of the NETCONF XML namespace (i.e. should it
go in sect 8.1 above?):

   URI: urn:ietf:params:xml:ns:netmod:notification

Anyway, Tom, is this the direction you were looking for?

Any comments from authors or WG participants?

Bert