RE: Why Phil is right about <special-set> vs. <edit-config>

Having implemented the SNMP engine for both agent and manager side
I can wholeheartedly support Andy's points 2 and 3 below as to why
the SNMP SET command has been much much more complex than it needs
to be. It is one of the reasons why I am advocating these days
that in a MIB MODULE, oine adds a MODULE-COMPLIANCE that allows
to "not support" the createAndWait mechanism. But that is only
a small piece of the problem.

Bert