Re: Issue 5.1) SSH End of message directive

Ted Goddard writes:
>By "run-to-completion" it is meant that the entire document must
>be read before events are generated?

No, that control is not returned to the caller until
the entire document is parsed.

>I agree that this is
>the case with DOM parsers, but it is not the case with either a
>C version of SAX (expat) or a Java version,
>org.apache.crimson.parser.XMLReaderImpl, and it's certainly
>not a necessary quality of the SAX API.  (Perhaps we're not
>discussing the same issue?)

It varies by language, but it certainly true for standard sax and
dom (jaxp) parsers in java.

http://java.sun.com/xml/jaxp/dist/1.1/docs/api/org/xml/sax/Parser.html

Apache lists crimson as "hibernated". It predates xerces (and jaxp
I think).

Thanks,
 Phil