Re: [Fwd: NETCONF checkpoint]

Margaret.Wasserman@nokia.com wrote:

Hi Eliot,

The working group is attempting to determine whether notifications should remain as part of the base specification. Here are the choices facing the group:

Option A. Leave them in as currently specified, and require all protocol mappings to support them.
Option B. Allow them to be asynchronous, but don't use RFC 3195, and require all mappings to support them.
Option C. Remove them entirely from the specification and let vendors implement RFC 3195 or other notification mechanisms as they see fit (for instance, existing syslog).

Is there some reason why we only have these three choices?

They are currently specified as capabilities. Thus option A is presumably what you want. Otherwise, in order to implement them either in SSH or HTTP we had discussed option B.

Eliot