RE: message to nanog

Reading this message, I wonder if it makes sense to ask operators
these questions without some explanation of the tradeoffs involved...
The notifications question may be fairly straightforward, but do we
expect engineers who haven't read the netconf specs to understand
the concept of "channels" and to know what benefits they have, what
complexity they add, etc?

Bert had mentioned the possibility of sending a longer questionnaire
to operators (I think he meant the ops-dir) regarding their need for
various netconf features.  Bert, are you still planning to do that?

If so, we might want to combine these questionnaires and send the
same questions to both ops-dir and nanog.  What do folks think?

Margaret