Re: Multiple "Running" configurations

"Allen, Keith" writes:
>The protocol as it is currently envisioned identifies
>operations on this configuration with a special "<running>" XML tag.  The
>problem brought up by David (correct me if I mischaracterize this, David)
>was that some devices might have multiple running configurations (running on
>separate cards, for example), and he would like to see the protocol support
>operations on devices of this type.

One of the operator requirements was to be able to fetch the entire
configuration from a device in a single, simple operation.  This
seems like a reasonable request, since it allows the operators to
completely archive the entire device configuration hourly/nightly/etc.

The running configuration is the full configuration of the device.
If there are multiple sub-systems, the netconf daemon should proxy
all the pieces into a cohesive whole.

If my archive application has to know sufficient in-depth knowledge
about the layout of your box to be able to pull pieces of configuration
off embedded hardware, we've failed.

Thanks,
 Phil