From: RJ Atkinson [mailto:rja@extremenetworks.com]
Sent: donderdag 11 september 2003 17:05
To: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Cc: Nm-Ws (E-mail)
Subject: Re: RFC3535 question/clarification

On Thursday, Sep 11, 2003, at 07:05 America/Montreal, Wijnen, Bert
(Bert) wrote:
> Netconf WG is worried about sect 3, 3rd bullet:
>
>    3.  It is required to be able to fetch separately configuration
> data,
>        operational state data, and statistics from devices, and to be
>        able to compare these between devices.
>
> They are thinking to have 2 operations:
>
>   - get-config
>   - get-all
>
> The first would return just configuration data
> the second would return all data (config, state, possibly stats)
>
> Would that be sufficient separation?

Speaking for myself only, I'd beg for adding the 3rd & 4th operations.
In particular, I suspect get-statistics is likely the most frequently
used operation (e.g. every N minutes on a given interface or device).

Proposed additions:
	- get-state
	- get-statistics

Ran Atkinson