RE: I-D draft-weijing-netconf-interface-01.txt

All,

I have taken a quick comparison of our draft vs. current WG I-D on the
operation per operation base.  More details are in the attached powerpoint.
In summary, here is what I concluded:

This draft vs. WG I-D:

General vs. specific
No assumption about the device except it must be IP-capable.
Vs. Route-like device

Explicit vs. implicit
Option is explicitly stated by XML schema.
Operating.XSD
Vs. option is implicitly inferred from URL.
 <capabilities>
       <capability>http://ietf.org/xmlconf/1.0/base</capability>
       <capability>http://ietf.org/xmlconf/1.0/base#lock</capability>

<capability>http:/example.net/router/2.3/core#cool-feature</capability>
 </capabilities>

Formal vs. informal
Protocol message can be validated by XML schema.
Vs. whether a device supports an option cannot be checked by XML schema. It
must be checked by upper layer application through capabilities URL
inferring.

--

Weijing Chen