Re: Separation of protocol and information model

Bobby> Interesting; however, the vipw program has to use linked code
Bobby> that has intimate details of the file structure and code that
Bobby> converts that code into an in-memory structure.

I fail to see why a vipw program has to have intimitate knowledge of
file structures and such. In fact, my vipw invokes the editor
specified in the VISUAL or EDITOR environment variable to actually
do the edits. And the access to the information in the passwd file
is a C library issue on normal Unix systems...

/js

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder		    International University Bremen
<http://www.eecs.iu-bremen.de/>	    P.O. Box 750 561, 28725 Bremen, Germany