RE: merge/replace selection criteria

Title: RE: merge/replace selection criteria

The protocol cannot be defined without any knowledge of the data model; i.e. there is a point where the two intersect. This work is being done with assumptions about what the data model will look like -- those assumptions have been implicit (i.e.: in everyone's head they have their view of what the data model will look like).

At some point we need to start to document the intersection. This discussion seems like a good starting point.

So let me reiterate what Bob Moore said... we need to define how instances are identified. Let's move the discussion to how we define the instances and away from the discussion about if we need to define the mechanism for instances.

Regards, /gww