RE: merge/replace selection criteria

> I believe the xxx:key="key" should be stated in the "enns" draft as
optional.
I think this would be a mistake.  Instance identification is a fundamental
part of any management protocol -- in fact, I can't think of anything
that's more fundamental.  You need to come up with *one* approach to
identifying instances that works for both managers and agents, and then
state that it MUST be used for instance identification.  A management
application has better things to do than implement several different
instance-identification schemes, and then consult a capabilities statement
at runtime to decide which one to use for a given agent.

Or have I misunderstood what's being proposed here?

Regards,
Bob

Bob Moore
WebSphere Advanced Design and Technology
WebSphere Platform System House
IBM Software Group
+1-919-254-4436
remoore@us.ibm.com