RE: Explicit and unique naming of configuration target

Title: RE: Explicit and unique naming of configuration target

I also agree with Larry and Jeurgen on this point. The semantics of the protocol need to distinguish between create and modify.

Andy, with respect to your statement that "the client should know the state of the device" I think that the complexity is much greater than you may think. When you get into systems that programmatically handle the configuration of the device it can be very challenging to know the state of the device; especially when other systems and other humans may be modifying the device at the same time.

Regards, /gww