Re: Explicit and unique naming of configuration target

Hi Larry,

I must admit that I am a bit confused by this exchange...

I understand your issue regarding the need to specify the
target for deletes, and we've already acknowledged that
omission.  It should be addressed in the next version of
the spec.

The rest of this discussion mostly (as far as I can tell)
boils down to differing opinions about the aesthetics of
using attributes vs. elements...

While I am sure that full-blooded XML people find this an
endlessly fascinating subject, I don't actually find XML
all that attractive in any of its forms :-).

Seriously, are there important technical differences
between your proposed approach and the approach currently
used in the XMLCONF spec?  If so, could you explain what
they are?

Thanks,
Margaret