Re: Separation of configuration and control - good or bad?

HI,

On the two parsers, I really didn't mean a SAX and DOM parser, but
parsers for "config messages" and "control messages". There is
LOTS of config and control (status and stats). I hope that I don't
have big GLOBs of code for each type of message. I really want
the processing to scale, so that the OSPF group can write code
independently of the L2 group. With SNMP, even if I'm using
a "monolithic" agent implementation, the different functional
areas can work in parallel.

Also with SNMP, an incremental extension in a functional area
does not impact the message parsing. That is, it is "well contained".
This helps the sanity and health of the testing group.

Don't want to lose these development benefits because to go from
zero to full NETCONF support is only going to happen if all of
the development teams attack the problem.