Re: Is DOM vs SAX a red herring?

Keith,

I also made the point that the transaction representation
proposed in Enns does not support the expression of
setting multiple variables in a single atomic transaction
unless they happen to reside in the same target subtree.

This, too, impacts the protocol.

Larry

Allen, Keith wrote:

Larry Menten writes:

> In my opinion, there is a very big flaw in a representation that
> does not provide for precise naming of the target of the operation.

I agree.  In fact, I brought this issue up a few weeks ago.  It's a tough one, though.  Having been involved in network management standards work before, I would estimate that 50% of the time of a network management standards group gets spent on naming-related issues.  I think this group was hoping to put those issues in the hands of the information model developers.  I'm concerned, though, that it impacts the protocol and needs to be addressed here.

Keith Allen

SBC Technology Resources

9505 Arboretum Blvd.

Austin,TX 78759