Re: how bad is soap?

Hi!

Aiko> Although Frank's statements (to which I agree) seem to focus on the
Aiko> implementation of managed devices, they are even more true for manager
Aiko> systems. I think it would be useful to also consider the
Aiko> implementation cost at the manager side, where we potentially have to
Aiko> deal with multiple technologies. Having a common, standard technology
Aiko> there will greatly simplify the manager's implementation.

I agree. That's part of what I meant by "(b) [...] the many parts that
build on top of the specification and make use of it."

 -frank